Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why Doesn't Anyone Like Aquaman? I Like Aquaman.

It can't be easy being no one's favourite hero. Even I can't say that Aquaman is my absolute favourite, but I recognize his skill and ability when it comes to fighting for justice. Everyone thinks he's useless because he can "talk to fish" sometimes, and apparently that's the only thing people think he can do.

By the way, he doesn't talk to fish; he telepathically controls and communicates with sea life. That's a pretty badass power, but I digress.

I am attending a comic convention this summer and my friends want to dress up. I have decided that I want to dress up as Aquaman to show my support of his "rebirth" in DC's New 52. Also because I think that since Aquaman has a rather small fan base, I won't have to compete with too many fantastic versions of his costume that make mine look depressing.

A few things you should know about me: I like to plan ridiculously complex projects but then I sort of lose interest when it comes to actually completing them. Also, I have never done any sort of convention level costume before, so my skills as far as costume creation may be sub-par.

I've decided to use this blog to keep a sort of scrapbook of this project, because maybe that'll help me keep on track. Probably not since I don't really think anyone will read this and want me to keep going, but what the hell, I'll give it a shot. No one in the real world knows the extent of my plans for this costume. In fact, my fellow con-goers don't even know I'm planning a costume at all, because until the Aquaman idea popped into my head, I wasn't.

This will be fun, right? RIGHT??

No comments:

Post a Comment