Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Mother Disapproves, BY THE WAY.

I know I haven't been updating, shame on me. I'm busy, alright!?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell.

It's a slow going process. Still working on the scale mail, and I haven't made enough progress to warrant new pictures. I'm surprising myself at my own patience. I think I would usually have lost interest by now, but I'm still going.

I've started looking for pants. Do you know how difficult it is to find green pants that are not suffocating hipster jeans? The Con I'm going to is at the end of August, and so far this summer has been HOT HOTHOTHOTHOT. I have to wear something that is tighter than what I'm used to because our Aquatic friend pretty much wears tights. It will probably be uncomfortable. I've decided that I'm okay with that. Sacrifices must be made.

I showed my Dad what I've been working on. He thought it was awesome. Thanks Dad, it sure is.

My Mother, on the other hand just sort of looked at it (the scale mail fabric) with a less-than-excited look on her face. She wanted to know how much it cost. I'M PRETTY FRUGAL WITH MY MONEY, MOM! I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell... again.

I'm not mad, but I thought that she'd be more enthusiastic seeing as she was the Drama student in University. Everyone has hobbies. It's not that she is upset or anything, just... uninterested. I had to go through and explain who Aquaman was to her. She literally had never heard of him before.

WHAT? HOW? BUT HE- ...JUSTICE LEAGUE??

After I explained the character to her she was a little more impressed. Maybe when she sees the finished product it'll at least put a smile on her face.

Also, did you know Aquaman had a video game back in 2003? Because I DIDN'T. Apparently it was terrible, which sounds about right. Here is an awesome video review of it.





I still want to play it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment