Saturday, July 21, 2012

Remember What I Said About "Ridiculously Complex Projects"?

I know I am late at updating this thing but I've been busy. I work at a movie theatre, and unless you live under a rock you'll know that The Dark Knight Rises comes out this weekend. I've been busy. I have spent 44 of the last 72 hours at my workplace. Granted, 8 of those hours were watching the Batman marathon (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises), but still.

By the way, TDKR was fantastic. Now back to work.

So Aquaman wears Atlantean scale mail (which is why he wears orange, that's just the way it is) so I'm going to make some scale mail. I bought my materials off of TheRingLord.com and it arrived surprisingly fast. As I've said, I have very little personal experience in any sort of costume making, so scale mail is quite ambitious.


In case you don't know, scale mail is very similar to chail mail, except that it has - well - scales.  It apparently takes a lot of patience, so this will be interesting because I am desperately low in that quality. I'm going to start by splitting the rings so that I can just go through and put the scales together quicker. I have a little setup at my computer desk and I'm using coffee cups to separate the finished rings from the unfinished ones.



One of my friends keeps telling me that I should watch Smallville, so I think I might do that while I work.

1 comment:

  1. HEY. I made an aquaman costume for my buddy this Halloween using scale mail and it took so long I had to rap it up quikly. i'm not sure how to post pics

    ReplyDelete