Saturday, August 18, 2012

Good News, Bad News

Yeah, it's been a while. Far too long.

Good News:

I found boots! I was looking for something a little bit "piratey" and believe or not my mom was actually the one who spotted them. Plus they were on sale. Also, I found gloves that are the same colour as my pants which is just awesome. Green gloves are probably the hardest thing to find. Those and gold belts. There are all sorts of women's fashion belts that are really thin and gold, but I needed something a little thicker. Found one in Macy's when I was in the States a few weeks ago. I just need to add the Aquaman insignia.

Bad News:

I have run out of scale mail materials, and I am only done about half of the vest. I have already ordered more and should be receiving them some time next week. My convention is next weekend however, so I am concerned that I won't make my deadline.

Things I still have to do include finishing the vest, and building the trident. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with that. If I have time and get board I might step into armour territory. I was considering making a shoulder plate that looks like it's make out of a conch shell, but I am lazy and I procrastinate so I really don't have enough time for that.

In other news, The Expendables 2 came out yesterday. I still haven't watched it. As fans of the movie will be aware, Liam Hemsworth (Thor's little brother) is in this one. I think that they signed the wrong Hemsworth. Come to think of it, they signed the wrong Liam too. Liam Neeson should be in this movie.

Then again, you could just make a movie in which Liam Neeson plays every role and I would still pay buckets of money to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm doing an Aquaman Scale Mail also. Hoping you didn't give up on this! If you need any help, you can follow what I'm doing here:

    http://www.therpf.com/f24/new-52-aquaman-cosplay-wip-173578/

    Hoping for more Aquamen in the future!

    ReplyDelete