Thursday, January 24, 2013

Still Alive!

For the record, yes I'm still around. As previously mentioned I tend to lose interest in things rather quickly so this blog was kind of abandoned.

I ran out of time for the scale mail before the convention so the costume was incomplete. I wore it anyway and I still got a lot of very nice comments on it which was definitely a boost.

I sort of dropped it after the convention but I've recently picked it back up and I'm working again. I have new ideas for it which I am once again very excited about. The scale mail is working rather well, but seeing as it's my first time working with it I'm having a little bit of trouble working out the sleeves. I have found a few websites that seem to have guides so hopefully this is just a minor speed bump.

I don't have any plans to attend any conventions yet this year but I still want to finish this thing. One of my friends is trying to convince me to make the investment in ComicCon for next year, but we'll see.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog, and I must say that I'm highly intrigued as to how the costume will look. As a big Aquaman enthusiast, I would love to see how a fan made costume would turn out, not to mention how bad ass it is. Keep at it, and if it doesn't work, sell what you have to some of many Cosplayers looking for a already started costume, or create a tutorial so they can copy yours.

    Also, If you're a really big Aquaman fan, all I can do is point you the biggest Aquaman fan: Rob Kelly and his Aquaman Shrine, which has done so much for Aquaman in recent years, and is living proof of how big the fanbase actually is. They post cosplay and any Aquaman news and merchandise and are always welcoming new members. Just look up "Aquaman Shrine" in the search engine.

    ReplyDelete